Lawrence Construction Company and Tsiouvaras Simmons Holderness (TSH) teamed for a Design-Build of the reconstruction of I-25 through downtown Trinidad, Colorado. Experience on this project includes:
1. Highway/Freeway Structures
2. Urban (Trinidad) freeway construction under traffic
3. Construction using innovative design
4. Environmentally sensitive
5. Integration of the design work with the ongoing construction of the structures
6. Compliance with the projects’ environmental approval documents (EA)
TSH provided QA/QC on-site full-time for oversight of structure construction, including the off-site fabrication of girders.
Lawrence Construction Company and TSH used innovation in construction to provide quality economical projects which have met today’s fast-paced construction deadlines. Examples for the replacement of I-25 through Trinidad include:
- The use of curved, variable depth precast “U” girders which were segmentally erected and spliced to provide a 260 ft. clean span over the railroad on the Trinidad Viaduct.
- Coordinated efforts undertaken by LCCO/TSH, CDOT, and the City of Trinidad have combined to save the State an estimated $7 million on the SB phase, allowing for construction of the entire project.
Unique features of this project in a major interchange setting include complete road realignment design, roadway, and drainage design; new bridges on I-25 over
connector roads; utility coordination and relocation; and coordination with Trinidad and CDOT.